[geotk] Issue with JAXPFeatureTypeReader

Emmanuel Blondel emmanuel.blondel1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 13:54:38 PDT 2015

Thanks Martin,

This is indeed what i decided to do: I've declared Apache SIS
0.6-jdk7-SNAPSHOT, with the sis-metadata, and fixed some codes related
to this module.

However, i'm still completely stuck with the initial error i've reported.
I looked into the maven deps resolved, and cxf-common-utilities
strangely is no there. I've tried to add cxf-core, but it didn't solve
the issue.

I will continue investigating this...

Le 26/06/2015 13:05, Martin Desruisseaux a écrit :
> Hello Emmanuel
>
> Right, we modified the numbering scheme in the pom.xml for closer
> conformance to the most usual practice. Also "geotk-metadata" moved to
> Apache "sis-metadata". The later has been released 5 months ago as SIS
> 0.5, which is a stable release. The SIS 0.6 stable release is targeted
> for next month, but should have no significant change on the metadata
> side. The goal for the Apache SIS project is to be very stable.
>
> There is still a few things in the former "geotk-metadata" which are
> not yet migrated to SIS, mostly some pre-defined constants and a
> database backend. Since the former "geotk-metadata" module became
> close to empty after the port to Apache SIS, it has been merged with
> "geotk-utility". So a dependency to "geotk-utility" should give you
> (through transitive dependencies) "sis-metadata" plus the few
> additional things not yet migrated to SIS. But I would recommend to
> depend only on Apache SIS if you do not need the additional Geotk classes.
>
> The "geotk-referencing" module would probably be merged to
> "geotk-utility" in the same way when it will become close to empty
> after the port to SIS (which is in progress).
>
> For the exception that you reported, the stack trace suggests an issue
> with the classpath. It gives the impression that the SAX
> implementation may not be the same as it was used to be. They were a
> recent change in the dependencies declared in the pom.xml of
> "geotk-jaxp-core" module, where the "cxf-core" dependency has been
> replaced by "cxf-common-utilities" since we though that the module
> didn't need the weight of the full "cxf-core". I don't know if this is
> related, but maybe it is worth to test if re-introducing the
> "cfx-core" dependency in your project make a difference?
>
> https://github.com/Geomatys/geotoolkit/commit/5dac4e5238fe8e81b3bf7d83068e6a08b457393d
>
> About the stable release, we are close to finish Well Known Text (WKT
> 2) implementation in Apache SIS. I'm doing some tests and
> consolidation, then we will propose an Apache SIS 0.6 release in the
> next few weeks. A Geotk milestone would follow. I don't think that it
> would be "Geotk 4.0" yet (it would be "Geotk 4.0-M4"), since I think
> that we need to complete at least the port of "geotk-referencing" to
> SIS in order to provide a more consistent picture.
>
> Please let us know if the above help or if there is other things to
> consider.
>
>     Martin
>

> Le 26/06/15 12:34, Emmanuel Blondel a écrit :
>> It seems that in the latest monthes, you have been moving from Geotk
>> 4.x to Geotk 4.0-SNAPSHOT, isn't it?
>> In the latter, there is not anymore the geotk-metadata module. I was
>> using that one, but it was yet exposing apachesis namespaces (indeed
>> i have started the transition to Apache SIS, but indirectly through
>> Geotoolkit, as recommended by Martin months ago).
>> I assume that now with the Geotk 4.0-SNAPSHOT the metadata module has
> [...]

*Emmanuel Blondel*
International Consultant | CEO
/Geographic Information Systems in Agronomy, Environment, Fishery &
Marine Sciences/
41, Avenue du Vacayrial
81370 Saint Sulpice la Pointe, France
Tel: +33 (0) 6 45 97 87 52