[geotk] Objects animation/movement on map

Gopinath Asutosh asutosh_gopinath at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 21:51:31 PDT 2016

Hi ,I want to show over 100 objects representing vehicles moving on GIS map. The locations of vehicle change every 10 secs.I tried to create a circle with its center located on GPS coordinates obtained from devices mounted on vehicles. Whenever new coordinates are received I create a new circle and call store.updateFeatures. This plots the circles on new location but it also simultaneously causes the screen to flicker a lot due to which the animation effect is lost.

It is possible to animate any object using geotoolkit without causing the screen to flicker.
Thanks and regardsAsutosh Gopinath