[geotk] Error: Limitation of opening only one instance of shape file

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Wed Oct 26 01:14:11 PDT 2016

Hello Asutosh

Le 26/10/16 à 06:37, Gopinath Asutosh a écrit :
> Yes, I want to open multiple instances of EPSG database in separate JVMs

Do you use another database with your application? For example do you
store geometric objects in a PostgreSQL database? If so, then the
easiest approach is to put the EPSG geodetic dataset in that PostgreSQL
(or other) database.

If you are not using another database, then there is a choice:

  * If you can start Derby in server mode before to start the applications.
  * Or you can put the EPSG geodetic dataset in read-only mode. This
    require a little bit of manual operations.
  * Or you can use HSQL instead of Derby; if my memory serves me right
    Geotk will put it automatically in read-only mode (but it needs to
    be verified).

Which approach would suit better your needs?