[geotk] SE/SLD FeatureTypeName Bug

Cullen Rombach cullenr at imagemattersllc.com
Wed Jul 5 13:02:09 PDT 2017

Hello,

I am working with the Geotoolkit SE/SLD API and I have run into what seems
to be a bug with XML serialization to SE 1.1.0.

When Geotoolkit reads a FeatureTypeName (an element of FeaturetypeStyle)
from an XML file, it uses org.geotoolkit.feature.type.NamesExt to create a
GenericName with a null NameSpace as its scope. this causes some pretty
strange behavior when serializing generated FeatureTypeStyle objects back
to XML.

This is an example FeatureTypeName element that I'm reading using
Geotoolkit:

<se:FeatureTypeName xmlns:tds="
http://metadata.dod.mil/mdr/ns/GSIP/4.0/tds/4.0
">tds:MissileSiteGeosurface</se:FeatureTypeName>

However, when using StyleXmlIO to write the generated FeatureTypeStyle
object back to SE XML version 1.1.0, the FeatureTypeName element comes out
like this:

<se:FeatureTypeName xmlns:ns9="null:">ns9:
http://metadata.dod.mil/mdr/ns/GSIP/4.0/tds/4.0:MissileSiteGeosurface
</se:FeatureTypeName>

This is messy and, more importantly, incorrect. I would expect to see
something more like the input XML. Note that when I serialize using the
 SLD 1.0.0 standard instead, the output looks like the following, which
seems fine to me:

<sld:FeatureTypeName>
http://metadata.dod.mil/mdr/ns/GSIP/4.0/tds/4.0:MissileSiteGeosurface
</sld:FeatureTypeName>

Any help with how to remedy this issue would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Cullen Rombach
Image Matters LLC
www.imagemattersllc.com