[geotk] Documentation on how to use CSW client

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Wed Feb 19 07:55:18 PST 2020

Hello Erik, and welcome!

We do not have a good documentation for Geotk. The reason is that after
we joined the Apache SIS project, Geotk has been reoriented as a sandbox
for SIS. Everything in Geotk may disappear after the functionality has
been transfered to SIS. And indeed, the Geotk code size slowly decreases
as time passes and SIS takes over.

CSW is one of the (many) functionalities not yet transferred to SIS (but
it may happen in the future). For now, compiling Geotk require the
following steps (I fully agree this is tedious):

  * Clone https://github.com/opengeospatial/geoapi/ and build the master
    branch.
  * Clone https://github.com/apache/sis and build the *geoapi-4.0*
    branch (not master).
  * Clone https://github.com/Geomatys/geotoolkit/ and build the master
    branch.

If changes are pulled from Geotk, it may require to pull changes from
GeoAPI et SIS and rebuild them before to build Geotk.

     Regards,

         Martin