[gips] construct image by appending

Bobby Braswell rbraswell at appliedgeosolutions.com
Tue Jun 16 07:19:23 PDT 2015

I have a number of (N) image files with many bands. All have the same spatial properties. For each of those files I need to select one of the bands. Then I need to average all N of the extracted bands together.

If I knew how many files I had (e.g. 2), then I could do something like

imgC = 0.5*imgA[12] + 0.5*imgB[12]

And process the result. But I think “+=“ is not handled by gippy, so I’m not sure the best way to do this in the case where I don’t know how many images I have.

Related questions:

Can I select (slice) bands from a geoimage and discard others?

Can I create a geoimage to hold just the extracted bands that is not tied to a file on disk, or that is tied to memory or some temporary space?