[GIS.lab] ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 03:46:11 PDT 2016

Hi,

today I did first tests on the unit. I created bootable GIS.lab ISO
based on Ubuntu Server 16.04. I was able to install plain OS. There
were few differences, except of Apt proxy server the installer asked
me also for:

1) The installer has detected that the following disks have mounted
partitions: /dev/sda... Umount partitions that are use? I chose YES
(NO doesn't make sense at all here), and
2) Install the GRUB boot loader on hard disk. Device to boot loader
installation: I chose /dev/sda

After installation the system doesn't seem to boot (just black screen
and nothing happens). The installer based on Ubuntu 12.04 works as
expected (same unit, same usb flash disc, same procedure). The system
boots normally. Is xenial installer expected to work? I will do some
investigation within next days and let you know. Thanks for any tips
in advance, Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa