can't find site files...

Chris Skelly chris at mqatmos.cic.mq.edu.au
Wed Feb 26 09:33:11 EST 1992

Sorry to be dominating this list with continuous what's wrong questions,
but hopefully in a few months I'll be able to answer a few...

The problem is that when I run s.surf.idw or newly created s.surf.krig
I get the problem:

	Mapset <dev> in Location <global>
	GRASS 4.0 > s.surf.idw

	OPTION:   Name of input sites map
	     key: input
	required: YES

	Enter the name of an existing sites file
	Enter 'list' for a list of existing sites files
	Hit RETURN to cancel request
	> list
	<list>
	no sites files available

	Enter the name of an existing sites file
	Enter 'list' for a list of existing sites files
	Hit RETURN to cancel request

but when I run d.sites and do the "list" I get the following:

	> list
	<list>
	sites files available in mapset dev:
	precip_1stq.test        test

	sites files available in mapset grass_dat:
	papr.s  pdec.s  pjan.s  pjun.s  pmay.s  poct.s  pyr.s
	paug.s  pfeb.s  pjul.s  pmar.s  pnov.s  pspt.s

while it is quite probable that I've mucked up s.surf.krig, I know that
I have not done anything to s.surf.idw (except to add some comments)
except to recently recompile it.  It used to find these sites just
fine...?

The directories are there the permissions all appear fine.
I've run MAKE.LINKS since compiling. hmmmmmmmm.

cheers,
chris