Updates

Richard Wagener wagener at gown.das.bnl.gov
Tue Jul 14 14:34:58 EDT 1992

I'd like to make a suggestion to those of you who are responsible for
putting updates to GRASS 4.0 on the moon.  I just went through the
rather painful exercise of downloading all the *.cpio.Z files from the
moon, and installing those updates.  The problem/nuisance is that the
directory hierarchy is not consistently saved in the cpio files, which
makes it very labor intensive to install updates (one must first
check the cpio table of contents to see where it should be extracted
to).

My suggestion is therefore to uniformly use relative pathnames to the
installed GRASS 4.0 root src directory.
Similarly for src.{alpha,contrib,related}.

--
Tschuess ...rick...
Richard Wagener				|
Bldg. 426, rm. 43			| IP: wagener at bnl.gov
Environmental Chemistry Division	| DEC: 44048::rwagener
Brookhaven National Laboratory		| phone: 1-516-282-5886
Upton, New York 11973, U.S.A.		| fax:   1-516-282-2887