v.digit memory faults and core dumps

Dave Gerdes dpgerdes at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue May 12 14:44:59 EDT 1992

> Date: Tue, 12 May 92 11:44:19 CDT
> From: grass%alla at amber.cecer.army.mil (grass)
> Sender: lists-owner at amber.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassp-list at amber.cecer.army.mil
> Subject: v.digit memory faults and core dumps
>

> lately we have been encountering a few problems running v.digit
> at least two or three times a day it will get a memory fault error
> and core dump.
> The file is rather intensive  with a lot of polygons and label points
> but the dig file is only 1.03 megs and the _plus and _att files are considerably
> smaller than that.
> the machine that these files are on currently has approx 230 megs of swap
> and ample disk space for the dig files.
> is there anything we can do to help alleviate these problems.
>
> Thanks for your time
> Tom Nelson
> C.O.E Fort Worth

I tried replying privately, but it bounced.  Here is the text of the message:

Could you send me a copy of the digit file in question and some info
on what you are doing when it crashes?  Also what type of a machine this
is on.  Which digitizer driver it crashes with.

Thanks.

--

  Dave Gerdes
  US Army Construction Engineering Research Lab
  dpgerdes at cerl.cecer.army.mil
  (217) 352-6511 x591