v.prune loses attributes ??

Brian Culpepper brian at cast.uark.edu
Tue Sep 14 18:36:21 EDT 1993

If your computing a surface from contours I believe s.surf.tps uses the
interpolation method of choice. The inverse distance weighting
of s.surf.idw would give you unsatisfactory results. But maybe
not...
If you convert your sites to raster you can use r.random to extract a
certain percentage, and it will retain attributes..BUT...this may
introduce too much error due to raster conversion...just a thought.

Hope this helps,
--
R. Brian Culpepper                                 Research Assistant
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies           (fax) 501 575-3846
University of Arkansas                            brian at cast.uark.edu
Fayetteville, AR 72701