another stupid grass libraries question

T.W.CHARNOCK CHARNOTW at charlie.aston.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 15:56:47 EST 1994

Hi  Grass hoppers

thanks to all the people who answered my last question!

I have now successfully compiled my libraries, and am testing them
out on simple programs.

I have written a very short program to see if my system works,
basically it just calls the G_gisinit function.  On using gmake4.1
everything works find except I get the message

 ld_G_location_path undefined.

(I assume this is a function G_gisinit calls)

using the unix "nm" command I can see that the library libgis.a does in
fact only contain a reference to it rather than a definition.  None of the
other libraries I have (eg vask,rowio etc) define it.  What am I doing
wrong?

This is the program

    #include<gis.h>

    main(argc,argv)