XKeysymDB

John Cartwright johncc at picea.CFNR.ColoState.EDU
Tue Feb 15 18:01:02 EST 1994

Hello all,

I know this topic has been covered before, but either I missed the
answer or I didn't understand.

How does an application know where to look for the XKeysymDB file?

I know that a string pointing to the file as it exists on the compiling
machine is encoded into the application, but surely there is a way to
override this specification?  I have had success in some environments
by including the file in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (presumably only effective
for applications that are NOT statically compiled) or in some cases by
setting the XKEYSYMDB environment variable to point to the XKeysymDB
file.  In my current situation neither of these appraoches work. I did
verify that the motif bindings have been appended to the XKeysymDB file.

I cannot seem to find my reference in the literature to clear up my
confusion, can someone help me out?

Thanks!

--john

john cartwright