problem getting gmake4.1 to work

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Fri Jan 7 12:02:16 EST 1994

Tom Charnock writes:

> I'm just starting to develop an application for grass, but I cannot get
> gmake4.1 to work.  I'm probably doing something very simple but I
> would appreciate a shove in the right direction.
>
> Each time I use gmake I get the message:
>
> /.. etc etc ../Binary/gmake4.1:   /generic/gmake.sh      not found
>
> any ideas?

gmake4.1 is a shell script that sets some environmental variables and runs
the program gmake.sh. It looks like you need to edit it to suit your directory
paths. Ours looks like this:

:
SRC=/home/cast/grass4.1/src
CMD=/home/cast/grass4.1/src/CMD
HEADER=sun4
HASX=yes
HASMotif=no
. $CMD/generic/gmake.sh

Good luck!

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159