New GRASS Monthly Periodical (Finally) Available

Gerald I. Evenden gie at charon.er.usgs.gov
Wed Mar 2 09:13:37 EST 1994

>Date: Wed, 2 Mar 94 20:49:18 EST
>From: simon at artemis.earth.monash.edu.au (Simon Cox)
>To: grassp-list at max.cecer.army.mil
>Subject: Re:  New GRASS Monthly Periodical (Finally) Available
>
>Re your payment conditions
>
>"We can only accept prepaid orders in US funds."
>
>at the risk of sounding like a whinge (it is!), us outside the US
>are continuously frustrated (and a little insulted) that US orgs,
>more or less uniquely, refuse to process funds received in other
>currencies.  This has been eased a little in recent times by the
>increasing acceptance of credit cards like VISA.  Imagine the outcry
>if the aliens started to say "we will not accept greenbacks".
>
>Flame off.
>
>      __  L     Dr Simon Cox
>(            \  Australia

You would understand if you experienced converting foreign funds
at our local banking institutions.  It is often a slow process
(often taking days) and subject to what often appear to be
excessive surcharges.

The flame is well deserved.

Gerald (Jerry) I. Evenden   Internet: gie at charon.er.usgs.gov
voice: (508)563-6766          Postal: P.O. Box 1027
  fax: (508)457-2310                  N.Falmouth, MA 02556-1027