[GRASS5] Re: r.cost

Carl Anderson candrsn at fultonecd.org
Mon Apr 24 16:32:03 EDT 2000

Markus Neteler wrote:

> INFINITY is defined in
>
> /usr/include/math.h:    INFINITY        representation of the infinity value of type
'float'

> If r.cost is not compiling on your machine, I assume your compiler
> is not installed properly. The declarations in src/raster/r.cost seems
> to be o.k.

My Redhat 6.1 boxes have INFINITY defined in <bits/mathdef.h>  through
#includes from <math.h>

My Solaris 2.5.1's and 2.7's do not have such a definition
  even in usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/2.95.2/include
        I stuck a define into globals.h
        as a suffuciently large number
        to get the module to compile

NAN, INFINITY and some others are not consistent Linux to Linux, Unix to
Unix, Compiler to Compiler.

C.

Carl Anderson
Fulton County, Georgia