[GRASS5] [zfajfr@krnap.cz: Bugreport GRASS 5/SGI]

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun Aug 20 10:56:09 EDT 2000

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 03:23:49PM +0200, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> until now i did'nt gave the new grass5 a try on IRIX. What is ogsf? Is
> this part of the 3d-raster-library? I suspect that the modules will not
> compile on SGI IRIX because of backward compatibility problems with the
> OpenGL libraries. Maybe there are other problems with Motif and the sgi
> widgets which are needed for this module.

>From the README (just added):
src/libes/ogsf > more README
The openGL gsurf library (ogsf), consisting of approximately 20,000 lines
of C code, contains some 180 public functions and about twice as many
internal functions for run-time data storage, manipulation, querying,
and visualization using OpenGL.
The library handles all drawing and lighting operations, including use of
user-defined clipping planes and drawing various style "fences" on clipping
planes when drawing multiple surfaces, and treats datasets as objects which
can be used for various attributes of the rendering.  It allows data
sharing (e.g., same data for more than one attribute of same or different
surfaces), separate masking for each surface, multiple surfaces, vector
sets, or point sets, and will also allow multiple volumes.  The library
provides all query features such as 3D "point on surface", keyframe animation
routines, and full state saving functionality.  Database-specific routines
for interfacing with the GRASS GISlib are kept isolated for easier library
reuse  with other databases.  The gsurf library is not dependent upon any
particular  interface library, and has been used successfully with both
Motif and Tcl/Tk.
It is used for NVIZ visualization tool.
---------------

The library is described in GRASS 5 programmer's manual (get latest version,
probably via CVS:
cvs -z3 co progmangrass50
)

Andreas, thanks for your comments!

Markus

> The stated error looks like some include file is missing/not included.
>
> Andreas
>
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > .. another SGI problem... :-)
> >
> > Thanks for reading!
> >
> >  Markus
> >
> >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Subject: Bugreport GRASS 5
> > Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:48:12 +0100
> > From: zfajfr at krnap.cz ()
> > To: neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
> >
> > Below is the result of your feedback form.  It was submitted by
> >  (zfajfr at krnap.cz) on Monday, August 7, 2000 at 12:48:12
> >
> > subject: Bugreport GRASS 5
> >
> > platform: SGI/Irix
> >
> > vendor: -- select --
> >
> > cputype: -- select --
> >
> > grassversion: -- select --
> >
> > cvsyesno: no, I got a source code package from the server
> >
> > module: ogsf
> >
> > bugreport: make -f Gmakefile
> >         gcc -O -c gsd_prim.c
> > gsd_prim.c: In function `gsd_sphere':
> > gsd_prim.c:180: `SPH_ORIENT' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > gsd_prim.c:180: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > gsd_prim.c:180: for each function it appears in.)
> > gsd_prim.c:180: `FALSE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> >
> > compiler: gcc
> >
> > compiler_version: 2.95.2
> >
> > name: Zdenek Fajfr

> > REMOTE_HOST: durman.krnap.cz
>
> --
> Andreas Lange, 65187 Wiesbaden, Germany, Tel. +49 611 807850
> Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net

Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984