Radim.Blazek at dhv.cz
Thu Dec 28 05:33:32 EST 2000
some questions, proposals, wishes for grass51 repository:
1) To enable 5.1 development without commiting all source into repository
(branching is impossible because structure is changed)
I have written script link:
Usage: link [options]
-old=DIR grass 5.0 source directory (required)
-new=DIR grass 5.1 source directory (default is ..)
-map=FILE file mapping old directory structure to new
(default is ./link.conf)
which creates symbolic links from grass51 local copy to grass50 local copy
according to definition in link.conf file:
With such system we could bugfix in grass5 as long as possible (until part of code
will be changed to grass51) and also test new structure easily.
If no objections I will commit into grass51/tools.
2) Proposal for commiting new directories into grass51 (nothing new):
(I use names: grass51/1.level dir/2.level dir)
- only Marcus may add 1.level dirs
- both 1. and 2. level dirs MUST be discussed before adding into repository
3) Can somebody explain better "New concepts: - the I/O routines should be
removed from src/libes/gis...." in documents/new_directory_structure.txt?
Is it necessary to extract non I/O routines from library? In vect32/Vlib we have
mixed I/O routines with non I/O for example (Vect_read_next_line() and
Vect_get_point_in_area()). That would be huge work.
How should look like new directory structure? Separated GPL and LGPL libes?
4) Some directory names for discussion before checking in
Marcus, could you check in after discussion?
- grass51/lib ?, see 3)
grass51/base/display,vector is proposed in new_directory_structure.txt but I thing
that most important modules should be in 1. level dirs not lower in structure than
less important modules.
5) Where should be placed v.in.ascii directory (contains both v.in.ascii and v.out.ascii module)?
Into vector, convert, import or export? Probably rename to v.ascii?
7) Could somebody who know how to do that write and commit new configure/make system.
(According to my experience to compile new structure with old system is impossible.)
I am waiting for your comments.
If you want to unsubscribe from GRASS Development Team mailing list write to:
minordomo at geog.uni-hannover.de with
subject 'unsubscribe grass5'
More information about the grass-dev