[GRASS5] Bug tracking system ?

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sun Dec 17 16:48:48 EST 2000

Hi Markus Hi all,

i think one problem is that it is not quite clear from the web-page and
from within GRASS how to report a bug. Currently we have:

bug.report.sh (not used at all?)
web-page for reporting bugs (sent to mailing list, but on the web page
there is the note that the email address and name is treated
confidential)
FAQ-o-matic setup (not really bug related)
grass5 mailing list
grasslist mailing list.

I think that we need to bring this all together in one place (the
bugzilla system).

Could someone give me a pointer on how to interface the bugzilla (or the
setup planned) via mail?
I want to setup a bug-reporting system from within GRASS, as i think
that the data could be generated automatically with minimal user input.
But somehow this info has to be fed into the bugzilla database.

cu,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:
> The mailing list based report system is quite unused, so it
> doesn't seem to be a widely accepted tool.

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net