[GRASS5] Programming manual or GIS library corrections?

William L. Baker BakerWL at uwyo.edu
Sat Dec 16 16:03:43 EST 2000

Hello,

Am working on revision of r.le and not very knowledgeable about
the grass5 revisions in general, so please excuse if I miss something
obvious.

I think the following are just little mistakes in the programming manual:
1. G_zero_raster_row is listed on p. 143 of latest (Nov.) revision of
programming manual, but this does not seem to be the correct name.
It seems that it is G_zero_raster_buf.

2. G_read_fp_range on p. 156.  I think the correct order of the parameters
is: (char *name, char *mapset, struct FPRange).  The manual lists
struct FPRange first.

3. p. 160 lists G_quant_truncate twice, but I think the second case
should be G_quant_round as that one works OK in my program, and
the description mentions rounding.

The following may be either errors in the programming manual or maybe
the GIS library?
1. G_read_raster_range is listed on p. 156, but does not work at all.
The old G_read_range works fine for CELL, and G_read_fp_range
works for float and double.

2. G_get_colors_min_max() is listed on p. 153, but does not work at all.
This one seems useful and I don't know what the substitute would be?

Bill Baker
Univ. of Wyoming