[GRASS5] _gtty & _stty errors

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Sun Dec 10 00:35:41 EST 2000

On Saturday, December 9, 2000, at 07:06 PM, Eric G . Miller wrote:

> > OK, I'm back after re-installing my system.
> >
> > It appears that gtty and stty are defined in the header libc.h (which
> > is on my system), however I cannot locate the archive libc.a anywhere
> > on my system.  I suspect that this may be the problem, can someone
> > confirm this?
> >
> > Does anyone know where to get libc.a?  Would it work if someone
> > emailed it to me (off list, of course)?
>
> You need to get a copy of the static C library for Mac OS X.  Possibly
> available in developer's resources or some such.  Apparently you only
> have the shared libes ?? (libc.so or libc.o).  It's likely much to big
> to mail and it *must* be built for that system.  Mine weighs in around
> 2.5 MB.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure about your question.  In /usr/include I have libc.h and libc.p (no libc.o or libc.so).  I do not have any libc*.* files in /usr/lib....

I am having a hard time finding the static C lib.  Does GNU have a distribution? Maybe gcc?

If you ftp'ed the lib, could I build it for my system?  If so, please ftp to ftp.SierraMaps.com/pub/

Thanks again,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner
http://SierraMaps.com