[GRASS5] GRASS 5beta9 sources published

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Dec 6 14:02:58 EST 2000

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 11:53:19AM -0600, B. Byars wrote:

> Building Solaris binaries now.  I'm building on Solaris 2.6 for the
> greatest compatability with the Sun usrs and Solaris 7intel as well.
> I'll produce both the standard Markus-scrip-installable package
> and a Sun standard binary package that uses the pkgadd command.
> Will advise when they're up.

Hi all,

unfortunately I found a bug in "bindist" target. But it is fixed
and retagged.

Find the *new* sources at:
> > http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/source/

or change in Makefile (bindist target) all PREFIX to GISBASE.
Only this file was modified.

Sorry, but all this prefix, GISBASE, exec_brefix etc. stuff is a pain!

Binary builders, some hints:

To exclude PostgreSQL support, run
./configure --enable-postgres=no
make install
make bindist

The "make bindist" creates the binary package for you (only with above
update): You'll find the binary-tar.gz in $GISBASE and the
"grass5install.sh" script in sources main directory.

Put this new "grass5install.sh" along with the binaries!

There is also: --enable-opengl=no

Special thanks to Eric Miller to make this possible!

Regards

 Markus

(uploading Linux bins now)