[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Dec 6 06:04:14 EST 2000

Hi Eric,

[...]
> Markus, the GISBASE needs NAME_VER to be /usr/local/grass5 by default.
> I thought putting these things in configure was to easiest way to
> propagate them.  As far as the "-n 5", guess the -n option to echo isn't
> recognized (should still work okay without it I think).  I'm not sure
> where that earlier sed problem you mention is coming from.  For the most
> part, I took the sed scripts from Makefile.in verbatim.  I think it's
> not too big of a deal to get these fixed up pretty quick....

Thanks for the fix (I am trying Solaris). Only a minor bug left:

head file:
prefix              = /data3/grass5
exec_prefix         = ${prefix}

GISBASE             = /data3/grass5/grass5

I feel that GISBASE get's one grass5 too much. Should be:

prefix              = /data3/grass5
exec_prefix         = ${prefix}

GISBASE             = /data3/grass5

(I have used: configure --prefix=/data3/grass5)

Markus