[GRASS5] init.sh.new

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Dec 6 01:30:43 EST 2000

Hi Huidae

GRASS wrote:
> I don't know why you pointed 8.3.2 or 8.4a2. Does init.sh.new work
> with another version?

I didn't check carefully (that's why I said it appeared to do this) but
my first glance at your script seemed to me that it detected things like
wish followed by a digit followed by . followed by a digit. This does
not match 8.3.2 or 8.4a2. If your script does match these then please
accept my apologies. It was my fault for not carefully looking at the
code. Regardless, my point was that it is difficult to match version
numbers since they can change format at the discretion of the
developers. In fact, I am totally lost for an explanation of why Tcl/Tk
does not install to just tclsh and wish.

> OK, we should change tcl/tk scripts to use GRASS_TCLSH and GRASS_WISH > env vars and add comments to SUBMITTING about this.
>
>         exec tclsh "$0" "$@"    =>      exec $GRASS_TCLSH "$0" "$@"
>         exec wish "$0" "$@"     =>      exec $GRASS_WISH "$0" "$@"
>
> Do you agree with this?

>From your other post:
> Hmm, it's somewhat strange. isn't it?
>
> So, let users just use "alias". Then we don't need change anything.

Ahh yes, alias seems fine to me. I will include it in the error message.
Thanks for your input!

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th