[GRASS5] CVS administration

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed May 24 05:27:53 EDT 2000

Hello John

On May 23, 10:39am, John Huddleston wrote:
> No, the cvs update, watch, and edit commands do not
> change permissions on the local directory.
>
> Justin, chmod the directory to 777 locally.  If the
> repository directory were read only, then you would
> not have been able to checkout a file.  It needs to
> do a temporary lock and lock directory for the
> short period of time that you are accessing the file.

OK, so does this mean that there is something changing the permissions locally?
If so, do you think it is related to my local version of CVS somehow or should
I be looking somewhere else for the problem? Since Markus also reported the
same problem, I am tempted to think it has something to do with CVS, but I have
no idea how CVS could change the permissions especially with your comment
above.

Thank you for your help.

--
Sincerely,