[GRASS5] Re: i.ortho.photo - XDRIVER bug detected

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue May 23 08:33:21 EDT 2000

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 03:36:58PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2000, Andreas Lange wrote:
>
> > If there is no one using xgrass and no one wants to work with this code,
> > Markus could delete it in the CVS (and possibly make a tarball from the
> > last version for download on the ftp server). This will save some space in
> > the next source distribution.
>
>   I never have quite understood what xgrass gives me, so I have not used it.
> Again, thinking ahead, this looks like a good candidate for ending, too.
My comments here:

I do not use XGRASS and already asked a few people if we should
remove it (but keep separately in CVS).
My opinion: remove XGRASS!

XGRASS libs are required to compile
src.contrib/GMSL/ogl3d_linux/
but as NVIZ is running well, noone will use ogl3d.

> > What about switching to bzip2 for the source distribution of beta8?
>
>   Everyone can get bz2 executables so it should not be a big deal.
Here I feel that maybe people will complain as this requires
an extra step. But on the other hand: who wants to compile GRASS
should be able to install bzip2...

XGRASS takes 6.5MB currently :-)

Regards

 Markus Neteler