[GRASS5] Raster import bug

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed May 17 14:44:03 EDT 2000

Dear developers,

generally I feel that the import/export modules should
get high priority in GRASS (of course, how is doing the
work...). But acceptance of a GIS is dependend from its
import/export capabilities. Perhaps we can involve some more
people here.

A severe bug is this:
The r.in.png, r.in.tiff and r.in.ppm modules crash with
segmentation faults only on Pentium processors! On AMD-K6
the do their job. I tried around 20 Linux machines,
aounrd 50% Pentium CPU = 50% failure. It seems to
be a bug in the GRASS library, not in the modules.

But I am not shure where to search. Any help is
welcome!

Best wishes

 Markus Neteler