[GRASS5] Digitizer drivers in v.digit

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu May 11 14:04:16 EDT 2000

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 07:02:26PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 10:41:14AM -0600, John Huddleston wrote:
> > Sometimes announcing before commiting is good in a team
> > environment.  If anyone is heavily pounding on the code then
> > they can also let you know.
>
> True.
> One of the playground rules here is, that Markus should know
> about what people are doing and where they are hacking in the CVS
> tree.

.. what I can do is to connect people not knowing each
other. Means: I already connected people who wanted to
work on the same problem to "synchronize" them. Of course
this list is a good forum!

> To phrase it in the other direction:
> 	Do not start anything major unless you have Markus permission
> 	to work on that part of the tree.
Mhh, I suggest: Don't *commit* until the team allows. Of course
you are free to work where/what you want. It should be too
centralized, but under control. Confusions like my v.digit
problem should be avoided and will be avoided by communication.
Small updates should be generally o.k. if not platform
dependent. Otherwise we loose time.

Maybe it is a good idea if we know from each other about current
projects (if bigger projects like the XDRIVER or tcl_v.digit).
I already made a sort of list:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/coop.html
(incomplete).

Best wishes