[GRASS5] list of modules with interface problems

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Oct 30 14:56:36 EST 2000

Hi Markus, Hi developers,

i am a bit in a hurry, so i can only outline some of the problems in
general:

some modules have characters in their parser-descriptions that cause
errors with the xml-parser (e. g. 'w/' or control chars like '\b', '\g'
etc., '&' in texts and more).

i found that some modules exit with an error msg. before calling the
parser initialization if in a location that doesn't suit their
capabilities (e. g. module for importing utm data in ll location). This
should be avoided generally to be consistent.

For the references and authors output we should later implement
something in the parser interface.

One module opens a log file that is always left behind with the message
that nothing went wrong.

And for some modules i simply do not remember what the problem was.

I think that we should waste our time first on fixing more modules.

cu,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Here the help parameter seems to be o.k. (for me):
> {r.colors}      problem?
> {i.tape.mss.h}  problem?
> {i.gensigset}   problem?
> {g.list}        problem?
> {d.where}       problem?
> {d.rhumbline}   problem?
> {d.paint.labels}  problem?
> {d.colormode}     problem?
> {v.in.dxf2}    problem?
> {v.in.dxf}     problem?
>
> So it might be an XML-problem (hi Jan).
>
> So far my short report
>
>  Markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net