[GRASS5] MAN generation from HTML running

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Oct 20 08:35:13 EDT 2000

Hi all,

if you are interested, please try the MAN generation from HTML
in:
html/

There is a Gmakefile now calling a conversion script.
Run
 gmake5
there.

All MAN pages will be generated after removing the original MAN
pages (note: only in $GISBASE/man, not in the sources of course).
The conversions is looking quite good after Justin has slightly
modified the g.html2man script.

Note:
g.manual's list command would need a few modifications as all
man pages are stored in man/1/ now.

The g.html2man may need further modifications. If you see a man
page not properly converted, please let me know.

If everything is o.k., we might remove the entire MAN/CAT section from
the sources. It is already somewhat outdated. Lisa Zygo is currently
converting the last missing pages to HTML where MAN was available, so
that the HTML section is in a pretty good condition now.

So far,

 Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology