[GRASS5] suspend() definition change

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Sep 20 09:55:11 EDT 2000

Hi all,

while compiling GRASS on a CRAY I found the problem that
there are local suspend() definitions in GRASS:

./src/imagery/i.points3/inter/dig_curses.c
557:suspend ()

./src/libes/vect32/georef/curses.c
269:int suspend (void)

./src/libes/vect32/georef/map_setup.c
28:     suspend() ;

./src/mapdev/v.digit/customize.c
110:                   suspend ();
132:                   suspend ();
142:                   suspend ();

./src/mapdev/v.digit/dig_curses.c
617:int suspend (void)

./src/mapdev/v.digit/dig_curses.h
35:int suspend(void);

./src/mapdev/v.digit/toolbox.c
toolbox.c:67:                  suspend ();
toolbox.c:81:                  suspend ();
toolbox.c:142:                 suspend ();

CRAY: /usr/include/unistd.h
extern int suspend __((int _Category, int _Id));

Linux: /usr/include/unistd.h
*nothing*

GRASS internal:
int suspend (void)

I vote to change the "suspend()" calls in GRASS to "mysuspend()"
or similar to avoid such conflicts.

Will problems arise from such a change?

Markus