[GRASS5] NVIZ-RST-licence

Helena Mitasova - staff helena at gis.uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 4 18:45:00 EDT 2000

Dear developers,

You may not have noticed but s.surf.rst had the same
statement as NVIZ regarding its commercial use.
I asked Bernhard to change this statement
so that it complies with GPL and GRASS5.

As a related issue, I would like to ask that if you want to
change s.surf.rst and replace it in GRASS please
create a version with a new name (e.g. s.surf.rst1).
We did the same when we switched from s.surf.tps to
s.surf.rst and kept the old program
in GRASS untill s.surf.rst was thoroughly tested by several years
of use. The code is pretty complicated and introduced
bugs may distort the results only for special cases
and can be very hard to find and fix.

And one last thing - before the CVS was in place some formal changes
were made in the code - I have written the following note about them,
does anybody know whether this statement is true?
> Modified by Bill Hughes in Oct. 1999 for compliance with ANSI?

I hope that we will hear from Bill Brown about the NVIZ
licence soon,

Helena Mitasova