[GRASS5] Driver Update

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Apr 27 14:13:46 EDT 2001

Justin Hickey wrote:

> > cvs update -r devices_cleanup_20000420
> > src/libes/raster/socket.new/io.c
> >
> > then move the file into place.
>
> CVS was down, so I copied this file from a previous installation and I
> still get the same error messages being printed.
>
> Just to check that it was not my system, I ran the old installation and
> the monitor worked fine.
>
> So, it looks like we're still stumped.

Very odd. Is my summary from a few messages back correct?

  We previously established that get_command() is returning non-zero. If
  you're not getting the "Premature EOF" message from get_command(),
  then the first read1(c) in get_command() must be returning non-zero.

  If you're not getting the "Error reading input" message from read1(),
  then the read() call in read1() must be returning zero, indicating EOF
  from the client. Can you add a "if (n_read == 0) printf(...)" to
  read1() just to confirm this beyond doubt?