[GRASS5] Driver Update

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Apr 25 12:48:53 EDT 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Maybe it is a KDE2/Xfree4.0.2 related problem. In past the backing store
> problem was odd in GRASS 5, this was fixed by Eric Miller. This little
> problem described above doesn't harm me, I just wanted to report it.

This may have been fixed by my most recent commit. Now:

1. backing_store is always set to NotUseful

2. A Pixmap is always created.

3. All rendering is performed on the Pixmap.

4. The Pixmap is made the window's background pixmap, so there is no
need to handle Expose events. A RESPOND command (sent by
R_stabilize()) will force an update using XClearArea.

BTW: Are the "Panel" operations actually used by anything? Neither
CELL nor PNGdriver implement them, and the XDRIVER implementation
looks suspicious. Is there any way to test them?