[GRASS5] Re: [GRASS-CVS] CVS update: grass

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Aug 3 06:30:52 EDT 2001

GRASS wrote:

> I think that I've found something wrong.
> Assuming the following case:
>
> ./configure --with-includes=/usr/local/include --with-libs=/usr/local/lib
>
> and some libraries and header files are in /usr/local/lib and
> /usr/local/include respectively; in example, odbc library.
>
> The newly created head file has an empty ODBCINC though ./configure said
> "yes" for sql.h.

Each include directory specified using --with-includes should result
in a corresponding "-I<directory>" switch being added to COMPILE_FLAGS
in the file src/CMD/head/head.<platform>.

Similarly, each library directory specified using --with-libs should
result in a corresponding "-L<directory>" switch being added to
LDFLAGS in the file src/CMD/head/head.<platform>.

In turn, each OBJ.<platform>/make.rules file (generated by "gmake5")
should have all of the relevant switches in CFLAGS and LDFLAGS, which
should result in them being passed to the compiler and linker
respectively.

> As a result, odbc driver compilation failed.

If ODBC failed to compile, it wasn't due to the reason which you
suggest. It may have been related to the configure changes, but I
would need to see the error messages to be able to tell.