[GRASS5] CVS question

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Aug 8 23:41:14 EDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 09:04:36PM -0600, Roger S. Miller wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to get a working installation of the GRASS CVS tree, but I
> have a problem.  I'm sure this is simple ignorance on my part.
>
> My aim was to look at the problems that Andreas Lange pointed out in
> r.drain.  I downloaded the source tree through anonymous CVS.  When the
> download was done I found that the code it contained for r.drain was the
> old code rather than my newer version.  So I visited the CVS tree
> through HTML and found that the new code was all "in the attic".
>
> Just were is "the attic?"  Did I download it with the original download
> and simply fail to find it, or is there some special switch (more
> special than included in "cvs -z3 co grass") that I need to set to
> download files in the attic along with the rest of the files?

Try "cvs -z3 co grass -r releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0".

AFAIK, the "releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0" *is* the current working
tree for GRASS 5.0 (and your new code is in there).  I'd vote for not
using tags in the future for code that will be modified (release
snapshots seems easy enough...).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>