[GRASS5] TODOs for 5.0.0

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Aug 9 04:52:39 EDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 10:42:43AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > So, what's remaining to do for 5.0.0?
> > Starting a list:
> >
> >  - GDAL changes need to go into release_branch
> >  - NVIZ crashes on Redhat 7.1 (even I cannot use it any more :-((  )
> >  - what else?
>
> one more:
> - the src/libes/gmath/ contains routines to replace the
>   "Numerical Receipes in C" functions. The "NR" use for GRASS is
>   granted, but it is not GPL compliant.

And even worse: It is not Free Software!!!

>   I have already been moving this numerical code from the individual modules
>   to src/libes/gmath/ to assemple same functionality in one place. Glynn has
>   been extending it. However, at time added new code to replace the NR
>   functions is not used yet, but still the "old" NR functions are in use.
>   This is the last GPL limitation in GRASS, eventually todo for 5.0.0?!

We _must_ fix this for GRASS 5.0.0,
because it would render GRASS 5.0.0 non-free otherwise
and we could not distribute it.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)