[GRASS5] Migration to Trento almost done

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 10 17:34:55 EDT 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 09:13:55PM -0500, Helena wrote:
> > Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > > - Todo:
> > >    - set up FTP space in Trento
> > >    - create search engine at Trento
> > >    - fix remaining URLs (tell me please, check at Trento site)
> > >    - add formmail.pl to send html forms (bugreports etc)
> > >    - what else?
> > >
> > > So, hunting now for a glass of wine,
> >
> > Markus,
> >
> > so now when you have migrated everything so brilliantly
> > and had your glass of wine, would it be possible to release
> > GRASS5.0 so that we have one stable version? I have had
> > problems with people getting all kinds of versions of GRASS
> > and CVS updates so it has been hard to tell what works and what
> > does not.
> >
> > you can have another glass of wine then,
>
> The bottle is already bought!
>
> So, what's remaining to do for 5.0.0?
> Starting a list:
>
>  - GDAL changes need to go into release_branch
>  - NVIZ crashes on Redhat 7.1 (even I cannot use it any more :-((  )

Markus, can you get it there installed on a single processor machine?
I will try to do it here next week - I cannot get to it sooner. I would
not
delay release because of this because it seems that it is only two of us

who are having this problem and it may not be GRASS problem.
BTW I am using Nviz here almost every day, I just make sure that I am
not
running anything when I open or close it.

Helena