[GRASS5] Re: [winGRASS] newbie question: XFree86 and GRASS

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Dec 10 10:29:42 EST 2001

Hi Markus,

Markus Neteler wrote:
> What about following:
>  - we build the winGRASS without and driver as package1
>  - we put the X11 based XDRIVER in package2
>  - we put the libG11.dll based XDRIVER in package3
>
> Users just download 1 && ( 2 || 3) and we don't waste too
> much space by duplicating 99% of the packages (in case we
> want to provide both display drivers).

at the first thought this seems to be a good idea. But i don't know if
some of the d.* modules and other parts are linked to the X libraries.
And we will have to provide some sort of installtion script or a
detailed installation instruction (for windows users?).

I decided to stick to the X11 based distribution. This does not mean
that i don't like the effort with the libG11.dll, but i don't have the
time to support the other version too.

NB: The cygwin installer was recently improved very much. I'll look if i
can build a cygwin installable version, which will make installation
very easy (one mouse click).

cu,

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net