[GRASS5] Re: kluwerbook.pdf

Michel Wurtz mw at teledetection.fr
Fri Dec 21 05:21:12 EST 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Helena,
>
> (cc to Michel Wurtz)
>
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 12:36:33PM -0500, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> > Markus
> >
> > I am trying to do an interesting (hopefully) illustration for multiple
> > surfaces - topography before and after school construction, however I have
> > difficulties importing the site shape or e00 file (I can ask for ascii so
> > this is not critical). The e00 creates x,y,#id but puts elevation into a
> > separate file in dig_cats - how do I join those files? (i need to write
> > this into chap. 7 too)
>
> do you want to interpolate them? Is it right that you
> get
>  - a sites list
>  - a dig_cats file
> ?
>
> This is not desired of course (Hi Michel!)
[...]
> a fix to m.in.e00 will be better.

You're right : I think it doesn't put all attributes in the
site file because at the time I developped m.in.e00, grass
was on the move from 4.3 to 5.0 and the new site format was
not stable enough.

I will update m.in.e00 in that way as soon as possible (and maybe
add an option for having all lines/areas attributes in one dig_cat
file).

--
Michel WURTZ - DIG - Maison de la télédétection
               500, rue J.F. Breton