[GRASS5] GRASS 5 and sockets: default?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Feb 21 05:57:05 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 05:13:14PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Hi Markus
>
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Eric, I have the problem that the sockets are freed:
> >
> > d.mon x4
> > Can't bind to socket for monitor <x4>. Already in use?
> > Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
> > Use d.mon to select a monitor
> > Problem selecting x4. Will try once more
> > Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
> > Use d.mon to select a monitor
> >
> > d.mon stop=x4
> > Error - Monitor 'x4' was not running
> >
> > How to get them back? It seems to be related to my tcltkgrass
> > experiments.
>
> I don't seem to have this problem. Do you know the steps you took to get
> this error?

It was happening while tcltkgrass didn't open/close the monitors
properly. Perhaps this bug is still there: If you start tcltkgrass
and due to the .tcltkgrassrc it tries to open a monitor, this
might not work properly. As I have only two monitors left for today
(x5, x6) for today until Eric can tell me how to get the sockets
back, I stop experimenting :-)

Yours

 Markus