[GRASS5] Module file sizes

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Feb 19 15:53:13 EST 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 12:02:40PM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I just added v.in.mif to /usr/local/grass5/bin and discovered that almost
> all of the files there are of the same size: 79244 bytes. A couple (other
> than v.in.mif that weighs in at 696526 bytes) are larger: r.weighted.cn and
> r.agnps50.run; one (tcltkgrass) is much smaller. Is it usual for different
> modules to compile to the same size?

Those are "front-ends".  The real code lives in etc/bin/[cmd|inter].
This is an old separation when there were different command line and
interactive modules.  Almost all modules now do duel duty using
G_parser(), so hopefully this weird set-up will disappear in 5.1 as the
remaining modules get proper parser interfaces.  These links are what
the gmakelinks5 script handles... It won't hurt anything to put the
module in bin, but you could put it in etc/bin/cmd and run gmakelinks5
for fun...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>