[GRASS5] Grass5 on Solaris

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Thu Feb 15 10:32:06 EST 2001

Hello,

I am trying to build the latest GRASS on my Solaris machine. The version
is up to date from the CVS yesterday (feb. 14).

The problem I am having is the GIS lib is not getting built, which is of
course rather important. The GIS lib is failing with file flate.c at
line 120. The comments in the file indicate that this will fail if ZLIB
is not installed. The libz is installed in  /usr/local/bin.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? It sucessfully built on Linux
without problem.

--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting