[GRASS5] Severe G3D library bugs

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Feb 12 12:13:10 EST 2001

Hi all,

while playing around with g3d-volume tools I found numerous
inconsistencies (maybe already mentioned here). I tried to
fix some of them, but we need an agreement on the g3d library.

Details about the bugs are here:
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/grass/src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/BUGS

(I don't want to feed GRASS-RT with this yet).

General problem is the coordinate orientation. I would prefer to
have consistency with 2D GRASS:

 - north to south (like 2D GRASS)
 - west to east   (like 2D GRASS)
 - top to bottom

As far as i can see, there is an odd mixture in g3d lib/modules (check
the "for" loops). It seems that volumes are currently stored from
south to north etc.

My proposal is to get the g3d lib consistent to 2D GRASS, then check
all modules.

Thanks for your time

 Markus