[GRASS5] GRASS 5beta11pre1 - ?error in d.vect

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Jan 26 23:09:53 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 12:34:39PM +1300, Arne Pallentin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After Markus Neteler all ready solved one of my problems I came up with in the
> beta11pre1 here is one more:
>
> GRASS compiled and installed fine, but running d.vect from tcltk
> (Display->Vector->display vector map) results in a "zombi" that I have to
> kill before the tcltk interface can be stopped. Here the result of ps ax:
>
> 4870 pts/3    S      0:00 sh ./grass5
>  4873 pts/3    S      0:00 sh /opt/grassb11p1//grass5/etc/Init.sh
>  4886 pts/3    S      0:00 wish /opt/grassb11p1//grass5/bin/tcltkgrass
>  4901 ?        R      1:10 x0       /opt/grassb11p1//grass5/dev/fifo.1a
> /opt/grassb11p1//grass5/dev/fifo.1b
>
> I hope someone understands this. If you need further info I will try to answer.
> By the way, the vector I used for testing works fine in the CVS dating
> 08/01/2001...

Where's the zombie?  I see three sleeping processes (S) and one runnable
(R).  Are you referrering to the "?" for x0?  That just means it doesn't
have a controlling terminal.  The GRASS monitors are kind of funky, but
if you select Display->Monitors->Stop->x[0-6] or "All", it will signal
x[n] to shut down.  TclTkGrass also has an option to stop all monitors
at shutdown (good to just leave always "checked").

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>