[GRASS5] pre-test GRASS 5beta11pre1

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Jan 25 08:33:53 EST 2001

Dear Pretesters,

time has come to publish beta11... :-)

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/source/

I would like to ask you to test this tarball.

For Linux I will put out a binary tarball later this day.

NOTE:
The LZW-compression is removed from GRASS floating point
raster maps and G3D maps. Means: You have to convert
*all* FP and G3D maps. Plain CELL (Integer) maps are not affected.

See announcement and link to conversion tool here:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/announces/announce_lzw_removal.html

The conversion tool r.lzw2z runs pretty well now.

Thanks in advance for testing the new package,

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology