[GRASS5] r.contour bug with NULL data

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Jan 15 07:12:48 EST 2001

Hi Markus

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> r.contour obviously fails if "no data" sections are
> within a raster map:
>
> r.contour -q in=dgm12.5 step=10 out=contour10
> Error, 1 crossings in Cell 185, 157
> Error, 1 crossings in Cell 188, 160
>
> Help would be appreciated (or shall I put into RT?)

Speaking of "no data" sections of raster maps, a few years ago I wrote a
module called r.fill.null that scanned raster maps for "holes" in the
data. If it found any, it would average the surrounding cell values to
fill the hole using a 3x3 neighborhood. THis only works on small holes
but it did give us completely filled surfaces.

Do you think there is enough interest to add this to Grass?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center