[GRASS5] Re: grass fuzzy modules

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Jan 12 12:09:57 EST 2001

Hi Francois,

(cc to grass5 list)

sorry for the delay. Again I was > 1000 mails here.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 06:59:19PM +0000, Francois Delclaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Few days ago , before Christmas, I sent you the first release of the
> fuzzy modules I developped in Grass4.2
>
> Can you tell me if you get them,  if you tested them (install, compiling, etc.)
> and if you obtained  some errors in these procedures ?

Unfortunately I can only concentrate on GRASS 5 development. Did Bruce Byars
reply? He is responsible for 4.x.

I am shure that many people would be interested. A proposal:

 - you put your modules on your web site and announce it on
   grasslist at baylor.edu
 - some people will use it and eventually report errors.
 - Meanwhile you may upgrade it to GRASS 5 - then we could add it to CVS.
   The development team will assist you how to upgrade. It won't be very
   difficult, just taking some time.
   We have a sample module which demonstrated how to handle floating point
   raster maps (if they are required).

What do you think?

Kind regards

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology