[GRASS5] projection-transformation

Helena Mitasova - staff helena at gis.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 3 22:55:22 EST 2001

>>Or the shift is already in the arcinfo data and nobody has
>> noticed it - I am getting that checked.
>Helena, please check this if possible!

when the e00 were imported into ARCINFO the shift
was there too.

 > import problem in GRASS from ARCINFO

    does not look like it

 > ARCINFO is having an internal error (wow, that would be a surprise) -

    more likely, and not really a surprise

So I believe that this is an ArcInfo problem or a mistake made
by people who are exporting the data from ArcInfo.
We will try to track it down for our data, but it seems that it
has nothing to do with GRASS.

thanks for your input,

Helena