[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...tk check

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jan 2 11:34:55 EST 2001

Hi John,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 06:23:48AM -0700, John Huddleston wrote:
> Grass list,
> I have debugged the problem with the tk check.  The configure
> script adds the -ltcl8.0 when it should be adding the -ltk8.0 for
> the Tk_MainWindow function.   In addition, the -lXt library
> is added which is not required under cygwin.   However, the
> X11 library lib directory was not included.   So, I have made some
> changes to the configure script as follows:
> added --with-x-includes=DIR
> added --with-x-libs=DIR
> for cygwin, this allowed me to add my /usr/x11R6.4 area
> modifed the tk check area to change the tcl8.0 to tk8.0
> plus I commented out the include conftest.h because there
> was no -I flag and it was not needed.
> I did not remove the -lXt since Linux or Sun may require that
> for the tk library.  Cygwin does not need it.
> The commit on the file is not going very quickly.   If it hangs
> I will send the file separately to Markus and he can commit
> it for us.

checking Tcl include dirs... -I/usr/include
checking Tk include dirs... -I/usr/include
checking Tcl/Tk library dirs... -L/usr/lib
checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.3... yes

it works well now! Congrats and many thanks for the fix.
I'll try my other machine later.

minordomo at geog.uni-hannover.de with
subject 'unsubscribe grass5'